domingo, dezembro 10, 2006

De um amigo... para Syd Barrett

Far away,
Through the misty mountains of yesterday,
Soaring high above the clouds
With the rainbow at your feet,
There you were,
Young and beautiful
And bright as the sun.

In fairy tale stories,
Wandering and dreaming,
Through those magic gardens,
There you were,
Lost in all those colours and symbols
And singing melodies.

Since you've been gone
There are no more blue skies,
There are no more guide stars
To show me the way in darkness,

The grasses turns to ashes,
The birds sing no more,
All my tears have made a sea
Where the sorrow is drowned,

And everyime I'm feeling lonely
I look up at the sky,
And smile,
For I know that you're watching me
From the kingdom of heaven,
And one day, I'll be joining you there...

...Em memória de Syd Barrett